Islands Tour - Hippos
With this option of circuit in the Bijagós, you will have the opportunity to observe, during the months of December and January, the unique population of salt water hippos in the planet, live the cultural diversity of the Bijagó people, as well as, discover the fauna and flora that make of this part of the African continent a Biosphere Reserve of UNESCO.
From 3rd to 10th January 2019; From 17th to 24th January 2019
Day 1: Arrival in Bissau
- Welcome at the airport of Bissau at the arrival of your plane.
- You will be taken to your hotel in Bissau.
Day 2: Departure from Bissau
- Departure to the island of Orango
- First contact with the inhabitants of Eticoga village
- Visit the village of Eticoga where the Queen "Kimka-Pampa" rests
- Overnight at the lodge or tents depending on your choice and availability.
Day 3: The Hippos of Orango Park
- Visit of the Park : by boat through the lagoons to the ponds with the hippopotamuses
- Then walk behind the guide in the wooded savannah
- A day with picnic
- Evening and night at the communitary lodge or tent.
Day 4: Crossing of Uno Island and Its Villages
- Crossing of the savannah on the Uno island, one of the most populated islands of the archipelago
- Crossing of small villages to see daily life scenes of the Bijagos people
- Picnic lunch in nature or in a village
- Overnight in a tent
Day 5: Departure to Kere Island
- Departure to Kere for lunch on the island
- Rest on Kere
- Night in Kere bungalow.
Day 6: Visit of Caravela Island
- Visit of the east of Caravela island
- Discovery of the daily Bijagos people in very isolated forest villages under hundred-year-old trees where you often see monkeys
- Picnic lunch in the forest or in a village
- Night in Kere bungalow.
Day 7: Visit of Carache Island
- Visit Ampincha village on Carache island with explanation by the women about the diet of the bijago people
- Then harvest combes (shell) on the sandbanks with women and children. Our cook will prepare them at night.
Day 8: Departure to Bissau
- Return to Bissau
- Visit to the village of Sioja, Pepels ethnicity (farmers, breeders and weavers) ou,
- Visit to the old Bissau
- Return flight late at night
Travel With Us
The price shown is per person, for a minimum group of 6 people.
The price of the circuit does not include: Air flights, expenses of scale, visas, tourist and entrance fees in national parks, drinks when sleeping is not in tents, restaurant in Bissau; Insurance, loss of luggage, health expenses, repatriation.
The price includes: Reception at the Airport by our ground officer. Transfers to/from the airport.
Special conditions for Bijagós Cruise: It does not require minimum number of people. Prices do not include rental of fishing gear and fishing gear that has been lost or spoiled, beverages, except wine and mineral water and snacks served during meals. Drinks and appetizers outside of the meals. The price includes all meals with the drinks that are proposed on board The tours to visit traditional tabancas and observe the nature, walks and baths of sea every day.
Note: The program will be defined according to your interest, number of people and time of year and is flexible if you want to make changes during your stay.